From: Dennis Wish [mailto:dennis.wish(--nospam--at)verizon.net]
Sent: Sunday, July 06, 2008 6:04 PM
To: seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org
Subject: Re-entrant Corner Question

When determining a plan irregularity such as a re-entrant corner do you judge the irregularity by the geometry of the resisting walls or by the geometry of the roof? For example, if you have a “U” shaped structure with a rectangular roof that covers the entire lower floor, do you define the irregularity from the roof shape of walls in plan? If the roof is square or rectangular in plan over a building that is “U” shaped then what difference does it make if the courtyard entry to the building is set back so long as the roof does not lend itself to rotation. Hope this makes some sense.

Please let me know if you have any questions to answer this properly. TIA!

Dennis S. Wish, PE

Dennis S. Wish, PE

California Professional Engineer

dennis.wish(--nospam--at)verizon.net