Need a book? Engineering books recommendations...
RE: AC Piles vs Drilled piers.[Subject Prev][Subject Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next]
- To: seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org
- Subject: RE: AC Piles vs Drilled piers.
- From: "Casey K. Hemmatyar" <khemmatyar(--nospam--at)gmail.com>
- Date: Tue, 8 Jul 2008 09:03:16 -0700
The rigidity of the pile depends on its Diameter/Length ratio.
In West Coast, where I need to resist seismic forces in addition to gravity loads, I have kept this ratio under 20.
Piles slimmer that this would behave in a more complicated manner and would require finite element analysis on pile-soil interaction.
Casey (Khashayar) Hemmatyar
Private email khemmatyar(--nospam--at)hotmail.com
From: Jerry Coombs [mailto:JCoombs(--nospam--at)carollo.com]
Sent: Tuesday, July 08, 2008 5:53 AM
To: SEA ListServe
Subject: AC Piles vs Drilled piers.
Does anyone have a feel for favored diameters for Auger Cast Piles, as well as typical largest/ smallest to consider?
Also, in general, at what depths do the AC Piles become preferred over drilled piers?
I know that there are other items to consider in the decision, but from an "all things being equal" perspective. Seismic will not play a role.
- Prev by Subject: RE: AC Piles vs Drilled piers.
- Next by Subject: Re: AC Piles vs Drilled piers.
- Previous by thread: Re: AC Piles vs Drilled piers.
- Next by thread: RE: AC Piles vs Drilled piers.