RE: AC Piles vs Drilled piers.

I believe that Blackhawk is a DFI member.  I have no experience working with Blackhawk.  Get their experience references with APG's similar in diameter, length, and soil to your design requirements.  Most importantly, verify their references to see how well they performed.

Talk to their competitors and to the chairman of the DFI Augered Cast-In-Place Pile Committee.  Naturally, the competitors will be better (according to the competitor), but they will also know the dirt (figuratively speaking).  Talk to the inspectors as well.

Regards,
Harold Sprague

> Date: Tue, 8 Jul 2008 11:22:21 -0500
> From: mike.maryjones(--nospam--at)gmail.com
> To: seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org
> Subject: Re: AC Piles vs Drilled piers.
>
> On 7/8/08, Harold Sprague <spraguehope(--nospam--at)hotmail.com> wrote:
>
> > A good contractor is a must. I have had very bad results with APG piles by
> > poorly qualified contractors. Berkel has bailed out at least 2 of my
> > projects in which the GC accepted poorly qualified contractors.
> >
> > Regards,
> > Harold Sprague
>
> On a related note, have you had any dealings with Blackhawk Foundation
> Company out of Geneseo, IL? They bid two ACP projects on which we
> worked on the east side of the Missouri (near the mighty Mississippi).
>
> Thanks
>
> Mike

> *
> *
> * http://www.seaint.org/sealist1.asp
> *
> * site at: http://www.seaint.org

It’s a talkathon – but it’s not just talk. Check out the i’m Talkathon.