New Code & Tests for Epoxy Anchors

The company that I work for does a lot of residential remodel/additions in
Southern California. Since the begining of the year and the new code changes
I have recieved plan check corrections about post installed epoxy anchors.
Typically when I specified an epoxy anchor bolt into an existing footing,
its purpose was as a holdown for a new shearwall, for either a remodel or
addition.

Now the new testing procedure ICC-ES AC 308 for post installed epoxy anchors
requires a test for load duration in cracked concrete as well as a list of
other tests.

My beef with these new provisions are that they are way too conservative for
residential remodel and additions, especiallt when confined to holdowns
epoxied into existing footings. These will not experience a constant load
for more then a couple of minutes, not to mention 40 some days that are
required for the new tests.

Now a simple remodel can be overly complicated and laughably conservative
with respect to post installed anchor bolts.

Are there any type of provisions that can be implemented to allow a new set
of simpler tests, and not require tests for load duration at various
temperatures and so on, only if the epoxy anchors are used for remodels?

Erik Gibbs