From: arshad vali [mailto:arshadvali(--nospam--at)yahoo.com]
Sent: Thursday, July 10, 2008 2:41 PM
To: seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org
Subject: PIle Cap Connection

Hello All,

I have a unique situation where the piles could not be driven to it's
full length and therefore had to be cut short. The Rebars at the top of
the pile that would have been been used to develop the tension from the
pile to the pile cap were lost in this process.

My question is can I use the strands that were exposed from the pile to
develop the tension into the pile cap? If so, what percentage of 270 ksi
can I use for the tension capacity calculation? I would like to avoid
drilling into the pile and epoxing rebar. Any thoughts or help would be
appreciated.

Thank you so kindly in advance.

Arshad