RE: PIle Cap Connection

In the past I have seen people use un stressed tendon in concrete diaphragms for collectors and drags.  The problem is that unstressed tendon is a lot more flexxible than stressed tendon or mild steel.  I will suggest that the provisions in the code are for tendons that are stressed.
I believe that the classical fix for your problem is to drill into the end of the pile and install mild steel bars embedded in epoxy grout.
Mark Gilligan