Re: Diaphragm Chord Wood Roof

You can block between each bottom bearing truss with studs on either side and sheathing to get your shear transfer. For each truss end, vertical stud on either side, horizontal blocking from bottom chord to bottom chord internailed to the the DBL top plate, and a horizontal block from top chord to top chord where the diaphragm nailing occurs.

Then put a coil strap on the outside of the sheathing to connect the blocking at the top chord together to create the chord. I would suggest using 3x for the blocking so you don't get any shiners.

Probably a skinny coil strap would do the trick.

Top chord bearing trusses are much better because of this very issue. Really no different than 2x rafters for the seismic load path.

HTH
-gm