RE: PEMB Tie Beam

Use Hairpins bars and dump the load into the slab reinforcement and don't allow longitudinal construction joints in the slab.

________________________________

From: IRV FRUCHTMAN [mailto:ifaeng(--nospam--at)yahoo.com]
Sent: Sun 7/13/2008 11:16 AM
To: seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org
Subject: PEMB Tie Beam

Need advice again
I just finished a PEMB foundation where the thrust (13k) was taken by hairpins in a reinforced slab. The client now informs me that he can't afford the slab and he'll just have a dirt floor.  The problem is that there will be a large boat transporter moving in this space, with design tire loads over 20k. I'm trying to make a tie beam work. When the transporter crosses the tie beam I calculate (from Roark) that it causes a tension force over half the thrust.
Any suggestions?
Thanks,
Irv

*   site at: http://www.seaint.org <http://www.seaint.org/>