sill plate

Hi,
I am working on a wood framed fire station built in the mid 1980's in a dry desert climate in California (used to be seismic zone 4)- they poured a 1.5" curb for the walls to get them above the concrete floor.  they have a z type sheet metal flashing that covers the exterior slab insulation and is flush to the sill plate with the T1-11 plywood siding nailed thru the flashing to the sill plate.

Problem # 1 - the sill plate is not redwood or pressure treated - should we replace it or can I have them inject asphalt under the plate to limit moisture from the concrete. or apply some other wonder chemical to prevent rot. the concern here would be dry rotting of the sill (the typical failure mode here)

Problem # 2 - is the sheet metal ok between the sill plate and the plywood T1-11 shear panel.  the shear to the wall in the addition is 493 plf - I prefer 3x6 sill plate for the 10d nailing  I could add blocking on top of the sill for the nailing

I will be adding holddowns and all new epoxy sill plate anchor bolts as part of the project

any ideas are welcomed

Tim Rudolph
Pinyon Engineering
Bishop CA