Need a book? Engineering books recommendations...
RE: Curved GLB[Subject Prev][Subject Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next]
- To: "'seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org'" <seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org>
- Subject: RE: Curved GLB
- From: "Acharya, Suresh" <Suresh.Acharya(--nospam--at)ci.concord.ca.us>
- Date: Tue, 15 Jul 2008 11:30:18 -0700
Title: Curved GLB
From: Gordon Goodell [mailto:GordonGoodell(--nospam--at)harmonydesigninc.com]
Sent: Tuesday, July 15, 2008 10:05 AM
Subject: Curved GLB
I'm working on a project with curved GLB roof framing, ~16' span, 5'o.c. w/ joists hung btwn them. The architect is expecting a tie rod at plate level, but I'm wondering how to calc the thrust at the base of these things. Considering how they're manufactured, it seems like there should be a lot less horizontal force at the plate than a simple statics analysis would indicate.
ExchangeDefender Message Security: Check Authenticity
- Prev by Subject: RE: Curved GLB
- Next by Subject: RE: Curved GLB
- Previous by thread: Re: Curved GLB
- Next by thread: RE: Test to see if I'm now reconnected