From: Gordon Goodell [mailto:GordonGoodell(--nospam--at)harmonydesigninc.com]
Sent: Tuesday, July 15, 2008 10:05 AM
To: seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org
Subject: Curved GLB

I'm working on a project with curved GLB roof framing, ~16' span, 5'o.c. w/ joists hung btwn them.  The architect is expecting a tie rod at plate level, but I'm wondering how to calc the thrust at the base of these things.  Considering how they're manufactured, it seems like there should be a lot less horizontal force at the plate than a simple statics analysis would indicate.

thanks,

Gordon Goodell