Need a book? Engineering books recommendations...
site accident, unsafe deck[Subject Prev][Subject Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next]
- To: <seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org>
- Subject: site accident, unsafe deck
- From: "Christopher Banbury" <cbanbury(--nospam--at)arkengineering.net>
- Date: Wed, 16 Jul 2008 11:23:51 -0400
My engineer and I had a narrow scrape today when we broke through a tread and intermediate rail while on an elevated wood deck (single family) during a site visit. We escaped serious injury but I’d like some advice as to how the owner and/or AHJ should be notified. I suspect the entire deck and stair is unsafe including the attachment to the main structure.
At the site I immediately instructed the owner to cordon the area off and I am preparing a letter as well.
I would appreciate any advice regarding language, delivery methods and procedures.
Thanks in advance.
Christopher Banbury, PE
Ark Engineering, Inc.
Phone: (352) 754-2424
Fax: (352) 754-2412
- Prev by Subject: Re: Simpson Titen Screws in Existing Concrete Stemwall
- Next by Subject: Re: site accident, unsafe deck
- Previous by thread: RE: Test to see if I'm now reconnected
- Next by thread: Re: site accident, unsafe deck