Re: HUD 7584 - Question

I've heard that HUD might not accept engineered solutions which aren't in the PFGMH, but have never had one of our certifications reviewed (that I'm aware of). We've passed one with a retrofit using an ICC-ES evaluated vertical/lateral support from Tie-Down Engineering. Of the few I've done, only one has passed on the first go-round, and it was a new-construction set job.
Jordan

Jnapd(--nospam--at)aol.com wrote:
David

What you described is not in the HUD manual  "Permanent Foundations Guide for Manufactured Housing"
so..........not your stamp or upgrade the foundations.

Maybe you could load test the rods and see if  above what is required by design.  Lot of work either way.

Joe Venuti
Johnson & Nielsen Associates
Palm Springs, CA