knife plate in glulams

I am designing some connections of glulam beam trusses to steel W beams. I have a knife plate with holes pre-drilled welded/bolted to the steel beam and then the glulam chord is slotted to fit over the knife plate and bolted. What allowable values do I use from the NDS? The knife plate is in the middle, so can I use the values for single shear for a steel plate bolted to half the width of the glulam times 2 sides?