From: Drew Morris [mailto:dmorris(--nospam--at)bbfm.com]
Sent: Monday, July 21, 2008 12:01 PM
To: SEAINT
Subject: knife plate in glulams

I am designing some connections of glulam beam trusses to steel W
beams.  I have a knife plate with holes pre-drilled welded/bolted to the

steel beam and then the glulam chord is slotted to fit over the knife
plate and bolted.  What allowable values do I use from the NDS?  The
knife plate is in the middle, so can I use the values for single shear
for a steel plate bolted to half the width of the glulam times 2 sides?