Sent: Monday, July 21, 2008 14:37
Subject: Soils Reports

Hi,

In the new 2007 California Building Code -- section 1802 requiring a soils report for all new projects - even single family homes!  what is the reason for this .  Do the geotechnical engineers need more work - Were there any spectacular failures I missed that caused this provision?
any comments or insight

Tim Rudolph
Bishop CA