From: Mark D. Baker [mailto:shake4bake(--nospam--at)verizon.net]
Sent: Monday, July 21, 2008 5:04 PM
To: seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org
Subject: RE: Residential alterations, is upgrade for wind required?

I would upgrade for whichever case governs and the building authority would
probably require you evaluate both wind and seismic. If you know it is
deficient in an area...........

If this residence is in Los Angeles the City has an extensive hillside
ordinance ($$$$$) that you will likely have to comply with.

Regards,

Mark D. Baker
Baker Engineering