From: Steve Gordin [mailto:sgordin(--nospam--at)sgeconsulting.com]
Sent: Monday, July 21, 2008 6:27 PM
To: seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org
Subject: Re: Soils Reports

Tim,

It was discussed earlier in the year.  In my experience, in 80% of the projects, 1,000 PSF suffices (as it should), if not - find a geotech familiar with the area to write a memo reflecting the requirements of the 2007 code (another 15%), if not - then a full blown soil report will be required.

V. Steve Gordin, SE
Irvine CA