RE: 25% of Live Load added to Lateral

And the answer, technically, is both.  It gets added to the level at which
the storage occurs...which also by default adds it to the whole building's
seismic mass.

As local code officials requiring the whole floor to be treated as storage,
don't confuse that with what the code actually intends.  There is nothing
that says some entity (local code offical in this case) can require
something more severe than what the code say...code is the minimum.  And
the intent of the code is to use the 25% provision only where storage load
is designed to be located.

Regards,

Scott
Adrian, MI