Storage Containers

I have a client that has been red tagged by the county for their use of storage containers on their property with out a building permit. These are the 40 foot containers that are used to ship products overseas. Does anyone know what would be required for a foundation for one of these containers?  Are they designed to transmit their load via the corners only? I am thinking of concrete footings on each of the four corners might be sufficient.

Thank You,

Thomas L. Monti, P.E.
MH engineering Co.
16075 Vineyard Blvd