Re: Storage Containers

Tom Monti wrote:
I have a client that has been red tagged by the county for their use of storage containers on their property with out a building permit. These are the 40 foot containers that are used to ship products overseas. Does anyone know what would be required for a foundation for one of these containers? Are they designed to transmit their load via the corners only? I am thinking of concrete footings on each of the four corners might be sufficient. Thank You,
**I got involved with these a few years back, the city caught the owner with using some of these as storage. The end walls are some sort of moment frame. There should be a label/placard on the container that gives the allowable racking loads. I ended up using helical screw anchors at the corners and welding the end of the exposed anchor rod to a bracket welded to the container corners.**