RE: Wood Shear Wall Nailing

From: Jerry Coombs [mailto:JCoombs(--nospam--at)carollo.com]
Sent: Wednesday, July 23, 2008 1:14 PM
To: seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org
Subject: RE: Wood Shear Wall Nailing
Here in Texas for residential, they use staples for roof deck and cardboard (seriously) for shear walls.

A few years back someone asked me to use it (ha!) I assume you are referring to thermoply? Here in Calif, contractors use it to protect the floors during contruction,  They usually put it over paper because it can stain the floor if it gets wet.