Need a book? Engineering books recommendations...
Re: earthquake, felt it in Pasadena[Subject Prev][Subject Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next]
- To: seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org
- Subject: Re: earthquake, felt it in Pasadena
- From: "Gerard Madden, SE" <gmse4603(--nospam--at)gmail.com>
- Date: Tue, 29 Jul 2008 14:40:37 -0700
That Kate Hudson, what can't she do? Movies, Seismology....
The earthquake was 7 miles deep according to Kate Hudson of the Cal Tech Seismology Department. Here in Pasadena on the 10th floor of our concrete frame building we had a little rocking and rolling. The building swayed for about a minute. No visible damage and no ceiling tiles down.I went home to check on our 96 year old, 2 story Craftsman home here in Pasadena. It's not bolted down very well but it looks like it rode this one out without a glitch.I heard from our CA team at the hospital project out in Ontario, about 5 or 10 miles from the epicenter. They're doing just fine. It's just coming out of the ground so it's just big mat and pile footings. No problems there.
Dave Gaines, P.E.
Structural Project Engineer
HDR ONE COMPANY | Many Solutions
251 S. Lake Ave, Suite 1000
Pasadena, CA 91101
From: Steve Gordin [mailto:sgordin(--nospam--at)sgeconsulting.com]
Sent: Tuesday, July 29, 2008 11:46 AM
Subject: earthquake5.6 Chino Hills?Steve Gordin
- Prev by Subject: RE: earthquake, felt it in Pasadena
- Next by Subject: Elevation requirements in ASCE 24-05
- Previous by thread: RE: earthquake, felt it in Pasadena
- Next by thread: Re: Staad 2007