Need a book? Engineering books recommendations...
L.A. EQ: Typical Reaction[Subject Prev][Subject Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next]
- To: <seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org>
- Subject: L.A. EQ: Typical Reaction
- From: "Bill Allen" <T.W.Allen(--nospam--at)cox.net>
- Date: Wed, 30 Jul 2008 07:07:58 -0700
Both the CNN website and the L.A. Times website credit the post-Northridge building codes for the lack of structural damage due to the 5.4 earthquake yesterday. Gee, I wonder who developed the criteria for the new building code. I wonder who gave hours of their valuable personal time pro bono to get this criteria implemented into a building code. Finally, I wonder who implements the new criteria into construction projects, often facing criticism from clients and owners because they are seemingly wasting money.
It must be the architect or the contractor, right?
T. William (Bill) Allen, S.E.
- Prev by Subject: Re: knife plate in glulams
- Next by Subject: RE: L.A. EQ: Typical Reaction
- Previous by thread: Re: Anchors in shear perpendicular to the edge per ACI 318 Appendix D
- Next by thread: RE: L.A. EQ: Typical Reaction