ACI 318 App D, and wedge anchors

I admittedly have not dug that far into appendix D and am seeking a quick answer from those who have.

An architect told me last week that on a project where anchoring equipment to a concrete slab the plan checker advised that wedge anchors were no longer allowed by ACI 318……….can this be possible?

I can’t imagine the manufacturers of mechanical anchors ($$$$$$$$) standing by while something like this got written into code.

Mark D. Baker

Baker Engineering