Need a book? Engineering books recommendations...
Where's reinforcement bond stress in the new code?[Subject Prev][Subject Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next]
- To: <seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org>
- Subject: Where's reinforcement bond stress in the new code?
- From: "Bill Allen" <T.W.Allen(--nospam--at)cox.net>
- Date: Wed, 30 Jul 2008 11:43:31 -0700
In the past, I’ve designed anchors in tension at the top of a masonry wall using all thread rods (ATR) embedded in a grouted cell containing reinforcement. I considered this a non-contact lap splice and used the bond stress (2001 CBC/1997 UBC section 222.214.171.124) as a transfer mechanism. I felt pretty safe using this method as it generated pretty long ATRs.
Either I can’t find the corresponding section in the MSJC or it’s just not there.
1. If it’s there, where is it?
2. If it’s not there, what alternate procedure should I use? There is no hook, there is no headed stud. I’m not sure if the 50% increase in length for epoxy coated reinforcing is adequate.
T. William (Bill) Allen, S.E.
- Prev by Subject: RE: wet masonry
- Next by Subject: Wind load design for Photovoltaic panel installations
- Previous by thread: wedge anchors
- Next by thread: Amrhein