Need a book? Engineering books recommendations...
RE: ACI 318 App D, and wedge anchors[Subject Prev][Subject Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next]
- To: <seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org>
- Subject: RE: ACI 318 App D, and wedge anchors
- From: Harold Sprague <spraguehope(--nospam--at)hotmail.com>
- Date: Thu, 31 Jul 2008 03:52:50 +0000
There are more. I personally like the undercut bolt mechanical post installed bolts. Hilti has one and so does USP. Both have the appropriate ESR's for cracked and uncraced concrete. |
Subject: RE: ACI 318 App D, and wedge anchors
Date: Wed, 30 Jul 2008 09:15:43 -0700
I believe there are only two that are approved. They would be the Simpson Strong Bolt and the Hilti TZ Quik Bolt.
The list has indeed shrunk.
The manufacturers are not standing by. It’s expensive and time consuming to do the cracked concrete test in an outside lab for all the various conditions according to the current ICC acceptance criteria.
T. William (Bill) Allen, S.E.
Consulting Structural Engineers
I admittedly have not dug that far into appendix D and am seeking a quick answer from those who have.
An architect told me last week that on a project where anchoring equipment to a concrete slab the plan checker advised that wedge anchors were no longer allowed by ACI 318……….can this be possible?
I can’t imagine the manufacturers of mechanical anchors ($$$$$$$$) standing by while something like this got written into code.
Mark D. Baker
With Windows Live for mobile, your contacts travel with you. Connect on the go.
- Prev by Subject: RE: ACI 318 App D, and wedge anchors
- Next by Subject: RE: ACI 318 App D, and wedge anchors
- Previous by thread: Re: ACI 318 App D, and wedge anchors
- Next by thread: RE: ACI 318 App D, and wedge anchors