RE: ACI 318 App D, and wedge anchors

There are more.  I personally like the undercut bolt mechanical post installed bolts.  Hilti has one and so does USP.  Both have the appropriate ESR's for cracked and uncraced concrete.

Regards,
Harold Sprague

From: T.W.Allen(--nospam--at)cox.net
To: seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org
Subject: RE: ACI 318 App D, and wedge anchors
Date: Wed, 30 Jul 2008 09:15:43 -0700

I believe there are only two that are approved. They would be the Simpson Strong Bolt and the Hilti TZ Quik Bolt.

The list has indeed shrunk.

The manufacturers are not standing by. It’s expensive and time consuming to do the cracked concrete test in an outside lab for all the various conditions according to the current ICC acceptance criteria.

T. William (Bill) Allen, S.E.

ALLEN DESIGNS

Consulting Structural Engineers

V (949) 248-8588 F(949) 209-2509