Re: Mexico Building Code

Rick,

It has been awhile since I did work in Mexico but several years ago we used the Federal code (Reglamento de Construcciones para el Distrito Federal, RCDF) but it technically only applied to the government area in and around Mexico City (similar to Washington, District of Columbia).  For areas outside of Mexico City we used the CFE code (Comision Federal de Electricidad) which is an industrial code that covers all of Mexico and I believe was specific to only to concrete.  For structural steel we used all the standard AISC codes.

Hopefully one of our Mexican list engineers can give an update.

Thomas Hunt

"Rich Lewis" <seaint04(--nospam--at)lewisengineering.com>
07/30/2008 06:31 PM
Please respond to seaint
<seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org>
cc
Subject
Mexico Building Code

I did a search of the archives and couldn’t find an answer.  Sorry if this topic has been dealt with before.

What is the building code of Mexico?  Have they adopted an ICC code?  Do they have a national code, or do states or cities have the option to adopt different codes?

Thanks.

Rich