Re: Overstrength factor

Yes Etabs checks it,

unfortunately in many cases, it doesn't let you know it checks this unless it doesn't work, then you'll see the red message.

I've asked CSI to consider placing this check in the output display in future releases so the program is more transparent.

I had it happen in a design recently that had a lot of discontinuous frames that transfered out load through the first floor diaphragm but continued down to a basement. The program didn't explicitly say it was checking for omega forces on the columns... but when you make them too small, it will tell you there is a problem.

-gm