Need a book? Engineering books recommendations...
Re: ACI 318 App D, and wedge anchors[Subject Prev][Subject Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next]
- To: seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org
- Subject: Re: ACI 318 App D, and wedge anchors
- From: "Chris Tse" <cylt2007(--nospam--at)gmail.com>
- Date: Thu, 31 Jul 2008 08:45:13 -0700
I believe that report (ESR-1771) on Simpson product addresses to bolts in masonry application. Is it not or
have I overlooked?
The following are approved from Hilti per 2006 IBC
Kwik Bolt TZ (ESR-1917) (expensive)
HSL 3 (ESR-1545) (very expensive)
HDA (ESR-1546) (very very expensive)
Simson has the following
Strong-Bolt (ESR-1771) (expensive)
We do a lot of anchorage for Hospitals and OSHPD and other governing agencies still allow the use of the old ICC reports. You have to check with the AHJ.
Marlou B. Rodriguez, S.E.
MBRodriguez Engineering, Inc.
2355 Oakland Road, Suite 14
San Jose, CA 95131
Tel: 408-432-4866 x200
Thanks Bill and Bob for responding to this, it is one of those things that brings me back to "where are the dead bodies".
Mark D. Baker
I believe there are only two that are approved. They would be the Simpson Strong Bolt and the Hilti TZ Quik Bolt.
The list has indeed shrunk.
The manufacturers are not standing by. It's expensive and time consuming to do the cracked concrete test in an outside lab for all the various conditions according to the current ICC acceptance criteria.
T. William (Bill) Allen, S.E.
Consulting Structural Engineers
V (949) 248-8588 • F(949) 209-2509
- Prev by Subject: RE: ACI 318 App D, and wedge anchors
- Next by Subject: RE: ACI 318 App D, and wedge anchors
- Previous by thread: RE: ACI 318 App D, and wedge anchors
- Next by thread: RE: ACI 318 App D, and wedge anchors