footing edges

Hi Dennis:

If I understand your question correctly, the edge of the t-shaped footing should end precisely at the property line, unless your client wants to purchase adjacent lands.

When you mention setback lines, I think of zoning setbacks.  (Sometimes 6 feet from the property line, depending on your location.) It is acceptable to extend past a zoning setback line with a footing under ground, as long as face of the building wall is no closer to the property than zoning allows.  Sometimes municipal codes allow overhangs to extend into zoning setbacks.

Respectfully,

Bob Freeman, AIA, EIT

IDS Group, Inc.

(949) 387-8500