From: David Maynard <d_maynard(--nospam--at)wester-wetstein.com>
To: seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org
Sent: Tuesday, July 29, 2008 6:08:35 PM
Subject: RE: Staad 2007

I’ve used STAAD for about 9 years now.  The next opportunity I get, I am going to switch to another program.  I simply do not like the technical support that I have gotten over the years.  For what it’s worth, I don’t use any of their load generators.  Simply put, I’m not comfortable with them and I don’t trust them.  Take it for what it’s worth.

If you do buy the stand alone package with hardlock, that program will continue to work for however long you have the program.  Sales Rep is correct, that after a year, you just won’t get any upgrades.  What you have will still work, though.  I’ve let several service agreements expire and jump on some years later for an upgrade with no problems.

Given the chance, though, I’m jumping to a new program.

Sincerely,

David Maynard