From: Lloyd Pack [mailto:packman90(--nospam--at)qwest.net]
Sent: Monday, August 04, 2008 11:56 AM
To: seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org
Subject: Concrete additives for Pool on roof?

Hello,

I know that this is a bit non-typical, but I'm wanting to
find an additive that can be put in the concrete mix
that will make the concrete less pervious to water.

Does anyone know of a good additive that will keep the
water from moving through the concrete.  We're using
a high strength mix and water stops at the cold joint between
the floor/roof and the walls.  We are looking at using a liner or
a surficial spray on the inside of the pool, or an admix.

I was hoping that with a high strength mix, water stops, and
a good admixture, that we wouldn't have a high maintenance
situation.

Any tips?

Thanks,
Lloyd