Re: Concrete additives for Pool on roof?

And ... and ....  ?   Don't keep us in suspense.

Did it work?  Was it successful?  How long has it been in service?   Etc.

Ralph

In a message dated 8/4/08 11:12:10 AM, rgarner(--nospam--at)moffattnichol.com writes:
We used Xypex on a reservoir.

-----Original Message-----
From: Lloyd Pack [mailto:packman90(--nospam--at)qwest.net]
Sent: Monday, August 04, 2008 10:56 AM
To: seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org
Subject: Concrete additives for Pool on roof?

Hello,

I know that this is a bit non-typical, but I'm wanting to
find an additive that can be put in the concrete mix
that will make the concrete less pervious to water.

Does anyone know of a good additive that will keep the
water from moving through the concrete.  We're using
a high strength mix and water stops at the cold joint between
the floor/roof and the walls.  We are looking at using a liner or
a surficial spray on the inside of the pool, or an admix.

I was hoping that with a high strength mix, water stops, and
a good admixture, that we wouldn't have a high maintenance
situation.

Any tips?

Thanks,
Lloyd