Re: Concrete additives for Pool on roof?

Lloyd,

Check the various concrete additive suppliers (SIKA, Master Builders, etc.) for a good hydrophobic poreblocker additive.

Thomas Hunt, S.E.
Fluor

"Lloyd Pack" <packman90(--nospam--at)qwest.net>
08/04/2008 10:55 AM
Please respond to seaint
<seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org>
cc
Subject
Concrete additives for Pool on roof?

Hello,

I know that this is a bit non-typical, but I'm wanting to
find an additive that can be put in the concrete mix
that will make the concrete less pervious to water.

Does anyone know of a good additive that will keep the
water from moving through the concrete.  We're using
a high strength mix and water stops at the cold joint between
the floor/roof and the walls.  We are looking at using a liner or
a surficial spray on the inside of the pool, or an admix.

I was hoping that with a high strength mix, water stops, and
a good admixture, that we wouldn't have a high maintenance
situation.

Any tips?

Thanks,
Lloyd