Need a book? Engineering books recommendations...
more aci 318[Subject Prev][Subject Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next]
- To: <seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org>
- Subject: more aci 318
- From: "Mark D. Baker" <shake4bake(--nospam--at)earthlink.net>
- Date: Tue, 5 Aug 2008 09:09:41 -0700
This bolt thing is becoming more frustrating.
I have been doing anchor bolt shear/tension calc for a 1000# piece of electrical equipment mounted on a pad with ½” dia. anchor bolts (manufacturers frame provides holes for ½” dia bolts). The pad is 8’ by 8’.
I have found that a 14” deep concrete pad with cast in place bolts embedded 8” is required for ductile failure, my closest edge distance is 18”. I cannot have brittle failure due to seismic category D.
What used to be a 30 minute calc for loading and bolt design has turned into hours of *&^$%#@ and a pad design that is embarrassing to provide the client and contractor.
Mark D. Baker
- Prev by Subject: RE: moisture intrusion
- Next by Subject: RE: more aci 318
- Previous by thread: Plated Truss Program?
- Next by thread: RE: more aci 318