From: Rhkratzse(--nospam--at)aol.com [mailto:Rhkratzse(--nospam--at)aol.com]
Sent: Tuesday, August 05, 2008 9:43 AM
To: t.w.allen(--nospam--at)cox.net; seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org
Subject: Re: hooked ABs -- "buggered nuts" (another technical term :)

Good point.  So a bit of epoxy fixing a single nut in place would also do the job?

Ralph

In a message dated 8/5/08 9:25:00 AM, t.w.allen(--nospam--at)cox.net writes:
I can't answer the SSTB part of your question, but  I can answer the double nut part.

Two nuts will lock together and stay in place. One nut will invariably come off unless you bugger (technical term) the threads or weld the nut to the ATR.

T. William (Bill) Allen, S.E.
ALLEN DESIGNS
Consulting Structural Engineers

V (949) 248-8588 • F(949) 209-2509