Re: hooked ABs ... & angels

In a message dated 8/5/08 10:24:04 AM, Suresh.Acharya(--nospam--at)ci.concord.ca.us writes:
Also, any oversized hole in the plate may affect the shear capacities.

Good point!  Here we are calculating to ten decimal places how many angels can dance on the end of an anchor bolt, and then using them to fasten down a 2x4 with a way oversized hole in it (speaking of my own practice that mainly involves houses).

What's wrong with this picture?

Ralph