RE: Concrete additives for Pool on roof?

Stan speaks wisdom.  You may want to consider developing a concrete mix design predicated on performance to include shrinkage and permeability.  We also loose sight of what is done just to pump concrete.  You can also restrict or preclude pumping concrete.  With the mini-conveyors and the option of bucketing concrete, it is not that much of an encumbrance.

Regards,
Harold Sprague

From: sscholl2(--nospam--at)juno.com
Date: Wed, 6 Aug 2008 04:43:50 +0000
To: seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org
Subject: Re: Concrete additives for Pool on roof?

Properly proportioned and mixed concrete is water tight. No admixtures are needed.
Do not use less than a 6 sack mix. In public works, for water reservoirs we use concrete without admixtures regularly.
Stan Scholl, PE
Laguna Beach, CA

Click here to find the low cost way to send and receive faxes by email!

Get more from your digital life. Find out how.