Re: ASTM A513 Tube Specs.

Mark,

ASTM A513 has over a dozen different grades with Yield Stresses ranging from 23 to 100 ksi and Ultimate Strength ranging from 38 to 110 ksi.  You will need to be a little more specific or call a fabricator/supplier to see what is the most common grade for your application.

Thomas Hunt, S.E.
Fluor

Mark Johnson <markajohn(--nospam--at)yahoo.com>
08/06/2008 02:36 PM
Please respond to seaint
seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org
cc
Subject
ASTM A513 Tube Specs.

Hello Folks,

One of my people wants to use A513 round tube for guardrails etc.  Anyone know the Fy, Fu, weldability, etc.  I didn't find it in the AISC manual or online quickly.

TIA
Mark Johnson