Need a book? Engineering books recommendations...
ASCE 7 Wind Gust Effect Factor[Subject Prev][Subject Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next]
- To: <seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org>
- Subject: ASCE 7 Wind Gust Effect Factor
- From: "Garner, Robert" <rgarner(--nospam--at)moffattnichol.com>
- Date: Fri, 8 Aug 2008 11:41:41 -0700
I am analyzing a tower type building using the Analytical Procedure, which requires the divination of the Gust Effect Factor. ASCE Paragraph 22.214.171.124 graciously allows the use "any rational analysis defined in the recognized literature" as an alternate to the witchcraft required in 6.5.8.
Does anyone have any recommendations for recognized literature that can serve as an alternate to compute this highly mystical factor?
I think Doug Adams came up with the answer to the question of the universe as 42. Supposedly, after they finally found this answer, they forgot the question. The world can now thank me for I have discovered that the question is "What is the gust effect factor".
Thanks for your help.
Bob Garner, S.E.
Moffatt & Nichol
Tel.: (619) 220-6050
Fax.: (619) 220-6055
- Prev by Subject: Re: Approved Epoxy for Threaded Rod Ancor Bolts :)
- Next by Subject: Re: ASCE 7 Wind Gust Effect Factor
- Previous by thread: RE: seaint Digest for 7 Aug 2008
- Next by thread: Re: ASCE 7 Wind Gust Effect Factor