Need a book? Engineering books recommendations...
re: ABs...[Subject Prev][Subject Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next]
- To: "seaint" <seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org>
- Subject: re: ABs...
- From: "Andrew Kester, P.E." <akester(--nospam--at)cfl.rr.com>
- Date: Fri, 8 Aug 2008 17:02:39 -0400
Thanks to Harold, Bill and Suresh for your discussion on ACI anchor bolts. Though at first it is a bit against my engineering common sense, I know understand what you mean when you say that bearing plates can actually REDUCE the pullout strength of the anchor bolts. Very interesting, call me a flip flopper but I have been convinced, and will no longer specify the oversized washers or bearing plates, just an unnecessary additional expense, though tiny. FWIW, I always design based on only the bolt head or nut, and just treated the plate as a feather in my cap, but as it turns out that doesn't really help.
Have a good weekend all,
Andrew Kester, PE
ADK Structural Engineering, PLLC
1510 E. Colonial Ave., Suite 301
Orlando, FL 32803
- Re: ABs...
- From: Gary L. Hodgson and Assoc.
- Re: ABs...
- Prev by Subject: Above grade pool concrete waterproofing
- Next by Subject: Re: ABs...
- Previous by thread: RE: ASCE 7 Wind Gust Effect Factor
- Next by thread: Re: ABs...