Wood Shear Wall Top Plate Shear Transfer

Listers,

Method 1.
Flat plate connectors, the required number of which get distributed along
the length of the shear wall.

Method 2.
Flat plate connectors, the required number of which get distributed along
the length of the shear wall + collector.

I am curious as to which method you use 1 or 2. I have only seen method 1 in
practice.

Thanks,

Michel Blangy
Southern California