Re: Wood Shear Wall Top Plate Shear Transfer

Hello Michel,

I'm a little confused about which shear we are trying to
transfer to which elements.  Can you expound a little further?

Are we trying to transfer the shear from the roof or floor
diaphragms to the shearwalls?  Or are we trying to transfer
tension loads from a top plate drag-strut into the shearwalls?
Or is this transfer of chord forces in a shearwall being tranferred
to some other element?

Sincerely,
Lloyd Pack