Need a book? Engineering books recommendations...
RE: OSB Shear wall nailing[Subject Prev][Subject Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next]
- To: <seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org>
- Subject: RE: OSB Shear wall nailing
- From: "Joseph R. Grill" <jrgrill(--nospam--at)cableone.net>
- Date: Wed, 13 Aug 2008 10:42:32 -0700
Thanks, of course it would have to been that simple. Another way that I have found since I posted, but is kind of a back in way is the tables in the NDS Wind and Seismic Provisions work back to the IBC tables, with the appropriate factor, and in their commentary states OSB does apply.
Please see “definitions”, section 2302, which clearly defines “wood structural panels” including examples of same, which include both OSB and plywood.
Thomas D. Skaggs, Ph.D., P.E.
Manager, Product Evaluation
7011 S. 19th Street
Tacoma, WA 98466
Are the Shear wall tables directly applicable to plywood and OSB and where can this association be found in the code or other documents. IBC 2306.4.1 says structural panel sheathing. Does “structural panel sheathing” indicate both plywood and OSB? It has been a very long time since I have been asked this and I am going to have to explain.
Buddy, are you out there?
Joseph R. Grill, PE
Verde Valley Engineering, PLLC
2220 Sky Drive
Clarkdale, AZ 86324
Ph. (928) 600-5459
Fax (928) 649-3659
- Prev by Subject: RE: OSB Shear wall nailing
- Next by Subject: RE: OSB Shear wall nailing
- Previous by thread: RE: OSB Shear wall nailing
- Next by thread: SEAW Commentary on Wind Code Provisions