Re: Wind load design for Photovoltaic panel installations

Good point. We generally don't have plan checks of calculations here in the mid-atlantic, so I tend to be more at leisure to use a rational engineering process. Abandoning the obvious calculation method for a shoe-horned procedure that may not really applicable - but will not confuse a poorly educated code checker - must be very frustrating.

Jordan

Dennis Wish wrote:
Jordan,
While I thank you for the information, I think selling this method to a
local residential building plan checker is going to raise more questions
about compliance with what section of the code that is applicable than it is
worth. <snip>