RE: solar panels/ liability

Andrew,

I hear you.  But at the same time, I find it very difficult to turn down this work.  These people need help, and we’re the only ones who can help them.  If I explain what’s involved and they decide to go elsewhere, fine.  But I can’t bring myself to refuse it outright.  Is that what you do—a policy that you don’t touch any of this stuff?  Almost always, when the client agrees to the agenda, timeframe, money, etc, they still turn out to be bad jobs, and I would rather leave them alone, but it’s sort of a public service thing.

regards,

Gordon Goodell

Andrew Kester, PE wrote:

 The same I have found true for mobile home foundations, truss “engineering”, swimming pools, wood decks, pool screen enclosures, tract home reuses, etc….