RE: Wind load design for Photovoltaic panel installations

I have entered this late but wish to learn what the problem is.

It seems to me that photovoltaic panels (which I believe weigh about 3 lbs/sq. ft.) will prohibit anyone walking on the roof (for which we design for 16psf on a 4/12 slope) and thus the load is less not more than typical design load.  Is this what is of concern?

Stan Scholl, P.E.

(someone with a very low  PE number)

Become a pharmacy assistant. Click here to start your career now.