Re: Wind load design for Photovoltaic panel installations

Dennis did you talk to a panel manufacturer? I recall a U.S.A. company was wind tunnel testing that show physical connection to roof was not required in some cases. The systems just sit on roof. Reason roof penetrations can be prohibitively costly for these systems. Whether the AHJ will accept test data is another complexity.

Also I am in accordance with Stan Scholl, most if not all of these panels are not designed to be walked on.