Sent: Friday, August 15, 2008 10:02 AM
Subject: Anchor Studs in Concrete in Seismic

When designing embed plates with HAS?s in a high seismic zone, in lieu of ductility requirements, ASCE 7-05 14.2.2.17 allows a design strength 2.5 times the factored forces.  My understanding, if correct, is that the 2.5 factor is applied to the seismic load combinations.  My question is does it also apply to DL and LL within those combinations or just the earthquake values?  Yes, No?

Thanks,

Joe Grill