Allowable Holes/Cutouts in Wood Shear Wall Panels

Listers,

Can anyone suggest some guidelines for allowable holes/cutouts in wood shear
wall panels? The maximum size cutouts I am concerned with are on the order
of 12" diameter or 12" x 12" square. I am familiar with the type of analysis
presented in the Seismic Design Manual,  but wonder if there are some
generally acceptable rules on maximum size and location that are not cause
for the more rigorous analysis and how to reinforce at the location of the
hole/cutout, if even required.

Thanks,

Michel Blangy